MSD Super COnductors

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 22:33:10 EST

Ok, I got my MSD 8.5 and champion spark plugs put in over the weekend.
The MSD 6AL was fubarred, but I did put the blaster 3 coil on...why???
Well, I put the plugs in at 0.060" which was recommended in the MSD
instructions for engines less than 10.5:1 cr. I put the wires on. The
MSD didn't work, so I said, damned if I am going to pull those plugs
BACK OUT if I have to! Of course anyone who has changed theirs knows 2
things. 1) They're tighter than the main bearing studs on Keith Black
hemi. 2) No matter how hard you try, when they break loose you
inevitebly cut yourself on something sharp. So I decided to go ahead
and put the coil in, hoping that it would have enough juice to fire the
plugs. About 100 miles on it since then, and it is running great.
Major difference in idle and startup. Hopefully it won't take too long
to get my MSD fixed. It's 5 years old and had sit up for a year. I
think the battery cables in the Regal shorted out when we were
disconnecting the dual batteries, and that's what did it in.

Another thing...I am a true believer in the MSD 8.5 wires. I got
excited and didn't do everyone of them, but I took my Fluke to them and
ohmed the new ones and the factory ones! BIIIIIG FEAKING difference.
Factory coil wire 10,800 ohms. MSD Coi wire 98 ohms. Number 8 wire
(one of the shortest ones) factory 8,800 ohms. MSD #8 81 ohms! That's
probably the difference there and probably the problem people have had
putting in MSD or other ignitions. The factory wires SUCK.

--

Drew Schofield Visit my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew