Re: Do you turn off overdrive for "city" driving?

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 13:50:11 EST

At 10:37 PM 2/16/99 , you wrote:

>I wonder what fraction of Dakota drivers turn off overdrive in city driving

I do if I'm going to be at a speed where the trans just shifts into OD.
There are a couple of stretches of road where the speed limit is 45. I like
to turn off OD before I hit them since that speed is where the trans shifts
into OD and I feel the RPMs are just too low. Otherwise, around town where
the speed limit never gets above 35 or 40 the trans doesn't shift into OD
anyway.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

For others who may not know this:
When the preacher says, "You may now kiss
the bride," he's only speaking to the groom.