Re: OD wiring

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 22:43:18 EST

There was a post to the list awhile ago that said how to defeat the OD at
startup I forget who posted it, but here it is...

For those who'd like their 42/44/46RE tranny to default to "OD Lockout",
here's what you do:

1) Attach the coil of a "normally open" SPST 12v relay across the starter
motor solenoid connections.
2) Run an additional pair of wires from the "OD Lockout" switch to the relay
contacts.

When you start the engine, the relay will momentarily close the contacts and
release when the engine starts. This will automatically put the tranny into
"OD Lockout" mode. To engage OD, just press OD switch as usual.