re: Help on Mopar Wires

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 10:57:00 EST

Jason...

Not sure what the terminals on the Mopar wires are like.
The MSD 8.5 mm come with two aluminum blocks that you use with a vise to
crimp the wire/terminal connections. Hard to describe, but actually works
well. I'd hold off on your wires until you can get a hold of a good crimping
tool to do the job. I doubt solder would hold up to the pull/tug associated
with your multiple plug changes!

(I tend to be impatient as he**, but getting into mods. on my truck, I've
learned to be patient and do the job right the first time, instead of
half-baked and re-doing over many times, just a thought!)

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
-------------
Original Text
From JASON@SMTPGATE {jason@spray-tech.com}, on 18/02/1999 10:07 AM:
To: BRIAN DUFFEY@INTELSAT

HELP..... still looking for help on the best way to wire up these Mopar
plug wires. I have the boots on and pulled up high. I am ready to cut,
splice, and wire the brass contacts. Can anyone out there stop me from
ruining a beautiful set of Mopar wires, please. Yes, I am
desperate..... I have a soldering iron in one hand and bad thoughts in
the other....

Jason
2/18/99 9:02 AM