Re: Re:Re-locating Battery to the bed

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 20:16:58 EST

<< Hey All,
         I was wondering if anyone has re-located the battery to the
 rear of the bed. I need to move it so I can bring my other ram
 air snorkel through the rubber flap on the driver side of the
 radiator. Thanks in advance for any help.

 Mike Catlin >>

I will be doing that also. I have all the stuff. I bought a relocation kit
made by Taylor/Vertex. Its a nice kit, with BIG wires. You have to get the
biggest wires possible. Thats a long distance to run your positive cable,
lots of resistance. I also bought a Moroso through firewall terminal kit.
Basically it has a threaded lug on each side, and the middle (like an Oreo
cookie) is insulated so you can mount it in a hole on a firewall or bracket.
I am gonna make an L-shaped bracket near the stock battery location, have my
dad machine a piece of brass shaped like a positive battery terminal, and
attach that to one of the lugs. That way I can use all the stock wiring, and
just run a cable from the battery to the other lug.

Brad