TEST/ was Chevy Vortec V8?

From: Mike Sype (blue98dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 21:19:19 EST

Don't get me wrong im not a big Chevy fan...But the LS1 v-8 found in
some Chebby cars is extremely pissed off!!! CarCraft Magazine took a
dead stock 1998 Firebird with the LSI V8 and 6speed and ran a 13.36.
That's pretty good for a bone stock car.
  Of course this car cost a whole lot more than our trucks. Lets see
with only about $16,500 <(dodge discount)invested into my
98',V8,5-speed dak and it ran at it's best a 15.22, could we get our
trucks down to a 13.36 for the price difference of the two vehicles?
I guess we need to know how much a decked out 98' OR 99'LS-1 6-SPEED
Firebird would run. Anyone know?
Oh yeah lets see if we can do this on motor only. No hose'n it.

---William Blount Arthur <m990198@nadn.navy.mil> wrote:

> Are you kidding. Has Chevy ever made a truck with over 200 hp? No.
> could slap 500 hp on the side of a briggs and stratton, and put it
in a
> all new uglyer truck and chevy fans would eat it up. Like candy.
Here at

> > | Jon Steiger * AOPA, DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA *
RP-SEL |
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'