Re: %*&$$# Spark Plugs

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 08:56:51 EST

In a message dated 2/18/99 2:54:45 PM EST, kbshadow@email.msn.com writes:

> I was going to take the bosch +4 plugs out of my 98 5.2 today, they work
> fine but I keep waiting for them to go bad, but can't find factory plugs.
> It came with champion rc12lc4 plugs and the book said RC12LC4 plugs,
> Kragen,Auto Zone, Pep Boys and 2 local parts houses said there not listed
in
> their champion books, and never heard of them.
> Is this plug a dealer only item or has anyone found them at parts houses.

The newer Daks take a brand new plug. Autolite has them as # 5524 (I think
thats the right number...going from memory). I experienced this with a
customer once. I think the cross reference listed an RC12L4 which crossed to
the right plug for the application. There may just be a massive misprint
because if you look at the plugs, they are the same length and diameter and
work fine. I'll follow up on this for ya.
TTYL
Boog