Re: 3" single cat-back & torque

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 08:27:16 EST

Maybe, maybe not. While I have no dyno numbers, there was an immediate
(butt dyno) difference in low end response on my '95. This was before the
headers were added but with the K&N FIPK already in place. The fuel
mileage increased slightly but was generally cancelled out by heavy right
foot syndrome which manifested itself while enjoying the faster response
of the engine. Headers and an MP computer have only exacerbated the
situation (heavy right foot syndrome) coupled with noticably increased
grins.

Richard in SA

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:04:55 -0800 Mitzi & David Fishman <fish@ihot.com>
wrote:

<snip>

>I installed the Gibson single catback on my 99 SLT CC 4x4 and it cost
>about $10 less from 4Wheel Parts. Fits, looks, and sounds great.
>BUT,
>if you want the full potential, get headers at the same time.
>Otherwise, be prepared for a loss in low/midrange power.
>
>fish

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]