RE: Two Week Report

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 12:43:29 EST

Dr. Leon,
My comments:
When they re-set your computer did they retard the timing or just disconnect
your battery and re-connect it? If they just discod and recod it then your
pinging will return! I have never heard of premium fuel causing build up
(just slower combustion process), and if my truck were pinging the first
thing Id do is put premium in it! The dealer sounds like he is building an
excuse for not fixing the pinging by stating that you caused a carbon build
up in the cylinder head (the OLD common cause of pinging) Now adays that is
pure BS! NO One should ever need to "decoke" a modern engine unless your
running contaminated gas in it. Did the dealer do the manifold gasket
leak test? If not, they should! I have heard that the manifold plate
gasket can cause pinging if it leaks, and it has been known to leak on brand
new trucks!
Your dealer's service mangler sounds like he needs your services to pull his
head out of his A** and get on with fixing your truck!!

Sheesh.... Ive lost all faith in dealers...
BKB