Re: I put on 87000 miles today (speedo fixed)

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 21:12:49 EST

>>able to prove the correct mileage in case I ever need to sell my dak???
>>

> Seems to me that someone could make the claim (or think to themselves)
>that the pictures were faked. Is there any way you can open up the
>speedometer and roll it back to your real mileage? Or maybe hook an
>electric drill up to the back and run it until the odometer rolls over
>then run it up to your actual mileage?
>
> -Jon-

I used my friends digital camera to capture a video on his RainbowRunner,
burnt it to CD, and filed it away. I figure no one will think the 5 mins
of zooming/moving/shaking video is faked.

I looked at it, and don't want to mess with the odometer. I can prove the
actual mileage to a buyer if I have to (don't ever plan on selling my truck
:) ).

Besides now when someone notices the mileage I can go... yep, still runnin
strong as new and light em up!!

mm
   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
{ }|| | | ||{ } mmeye@umr.edu