91 club cab vibration

From: Paul and Connie (cpopov@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 00:49:19 EST

If you indeed are experiancing vibration upon deceleration one area to
check is the rear end pinion nut(where the u-joint yoke bolts to the rear
end).
The pinion nut is supposed to be swedged to prevent loosining, but this is
sometimes improperly done, and over a period of time,loosens. This allows the
pinion gear to be pulled further back upon decel, and makes a
vibration/noise.I have seen this with several Generic Motors
products(trucks esp.), so it may be worth your while to check to see if its
tight(I forget torque specs,check with your dealer).Also wear in your
tranny could be the culprit.

                   6s Rule!!:)