stripes

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 21:56:12 EST

I replied to an E-mail about how the body style affected the stripes, but
It didn't post for some reason, so here it goes again. Basically, the
stripe wont go straight up and down. The body lines/curves just don't let
it. You could physically line it up straight, but then the stripe on the
top of the bed rail would be a little off (this is a bigger problem if you
plan on taking the stripe across the bed cover). Personally, I line up the
top, and let the bottom of the stripe "lean" forward a little. Also had to
change the bottom of the stripe. It can't go below the body curve at the
bottom of the bed. The compound curves just won't allow it. The vinyl will
"wrinkle" (for lack of a better word). The fix? I just take the stripe to
just above this, round the edges, and wrap the pin stripe around the bottom
to finish it. The total length of the stripe is 34 inches. The older
Dakotas don't have this problem. The body panels are nice and flat. I now
have three stripes. The SUPER DAK stripe ('70 Superbee clone), the DAKOTA
R/T stripe ('69 Dart GT clone), and the R/T stripe ('70 Coronet R/T clone).
I'm gonna let the first orders for the latter two stripes go for $50.00 for
both sides. I'm gonna eat the difference (but only on the first order. I
want pictures of them, but don't have any more Dakotas :~). I'm gonna work
on some Neon decals (a friend just ordered a Neon R/T without the stripes,
and he wants to hop it up). Just having fun with these. Hope this answered
the original question (I don't remember who asked it, I deleted it before I
found out that my reply didn't post).

Glen Renzoni
'99 Dakota R/T RC, Solar Yellow