Re[4]: I love my Dak, But........ (a little long -

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 14:24:09 EST

<<I did some research before buying and took into consideration the "fact" that
CC is down at the bottom in reliability ratings of almost anyone who does
comparison testing (Consumer Union, Road and Track, etc.)>>

Didn't know that... I did a fair amount of research and test drove just about
every truck made but never ran across the above reports. Gotta' admit it
ultimately came down to looks, ride quality, V8 engine and interior
accommodations that made the Dak a must have for me.

<<However, I am concerned about some of the problems we are
seeing on the board. Transmissions going to sh*t, bad pinging problems, ball
joints wearing out in a couple a thousand miles and the replacements not
lasting any longer........ these are NOT "fit and trim" issues.>>

Can't argue with that... My truck has performed extremely well "out of the
box", but I guess I'll have to take those rose colored glasses off now. ;-)

<<So whatcha gonna do... keep reading the boards to be aware of any ongoing
issues and watch for them on my vehicle, try to keep a good relationship with my
servicing dealer, and ENJOY MY TRUCK.
Phew....enough already!!!
The OTHER Alan S from WA>>

That's the ticket! I suppose I used too broad a brush with my earlier post.

T.