Re: Speaking of dash lights

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (ghack2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 02:04:09 EST

The way you take off your needles is you have to pull them off. When I
got my gauges, I ordered a tool that they had. All it is, is a piece of
bent metal with a slit in the middle and two prongs on either side. It
basically pops off. I do it now with my fingers. You just really have to
pull firmly. But be careful, make sure you check to see what it runs at
idle; i.e. rpms, volts, temp, pressure, also your gas gauge and your
speedo. Drive around at about 1k rpms(better to keep it in first gear)
and see how fast you are going. When you put the speedo needle back on,
put it on the rest pin. Don't push it down hard, bcs if it isn't
correct, you will have to pry it back of and start all over. Do this for
all your needles.(the "not pushing it on hard" part) Hope this helps.

Later,
Geoffrey
~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L Metallic Red~~

P.S. Write down what you have on your gauges, it is easier than
remembering it. (at least it is for me)