Moving spare tire

From: Bill Mullens (xring@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 19:34:47 EST

Dak-ers,

I'm getting ready to install a Lund roll pan. As part of the project,
I'm fabricating a custom, light duty 2" receiver hitch (my kayak and
bicycle carriers fit into it). I really need an extra inch or two of
clearance on the spare tire side. Has anybody moved their spare forward
a couple of inches? It's too cold for me to look at it this week (WV),
but it seems that I can wind the spare down, install the hitch, and wind
it back up to fit against the hitch.

Thanks,

Bill Mullens
'94 Dakota 5.2L,5sp,2wd,3.55 SG,MP,K&N,March,American Racing
'89 Shelby Daytona TII,MP,K&N cone