Re: DML Digest V4 #352

From: David Steinberger (das@phcpas.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 13:37:30 EST

DML Digest wrote:

> DML Digest Sunday, February 21 1999 Volume 04 : Number 352
>
> The subjects discussed in this digest are:
> ==========
> DML: shuttering... not good...
> Re: DML: More traction (Attn: Jason)
> Re[2]: DML: Orlando, florida members
> RE: DML: More traction (Attn: Jason)
> Re: DML: Re: Does Dodge Suck? (was I love my Dak, But.......)
> Re: DML: Orlando, florida members
> DML: RE: Suspension lift vs. Body lift
> RE: DML: Suspension lift vs. Body lift
> Re: DML: Suspension lift vs. Body lift
> DML: Viper Truck

> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:26:26 EST
> From: Jon Smith <jdsmith4@hotmail.com>
> Subject: DML: shuttering... not good...
>
> My truck has developed a shutter... I hope it's nothing major(HOPE!!)
> I've noticed it started after installing the MP comp, at part throttle
> when accelerating, the truck will start a vibration noticable enough
> through the rearview mirror. Could this be the converter locking and
> unlocking or an underlying problem with the slush-o-matic. It's rather
> disturbing to me. Wish I could just drop in a 6 speed...
>
> any input?
>
> Jon Smith
> 95 CC SLT 4x4x318
> slush-o, JBA headers, 8.5 MSD wires, shitefire plugs, MP comp, dual
> catback glasspacks, K&N 14x3
> ICQ# 9720504

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:24:44 -0500
> From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
> Subject: Re: DML: More traction (Attn: Jason)
>
> <<That's why I'm waiting until the truck is paid off, so I'll have the extra
> funds to foot the bill. Personally, I'd rather wait and get the lift I want
> rather than compromise. But that's just my opinion, of course.>>
>
> No argument from me... I think Kyles got the right idea. Be patient and get
> what ya really want. My problem is patients is not my strong suite! :-)
>
> <<> What I really need right now is more traction! I started a little slush
> > fund to purchase and install the Powertrax locker that's supposed
> > to be out
> > this summer for the '97+ 29 spline rear axle... They don't have any
> > product literature out yet, but the emails I've received from Powertrax
> > indicates it will be a real locker and not a lsd.
>
> Do you have an e-mail or web site for Powertrax? I want to find out if
> they're also planning on making that for the pre-97 axle, and pester them
> incessantly if they aren't.>>
>
> What's your email address?? I'll forward the correspondence I had with Bill
> Eagan... It includes his email address. They don't have a web page that I know
> of.
>
> <<> I was also considering a
> > lsd for the front axle, but I'm really worried about the strength of that
> > little FIAA thingy. ;~)
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what's an FIAA thingy?>>
>
> In the '97+ 4x4's we have an FIAA 194 front axle and I haven't got the foggiest
> [...]

I'd like to thank all the folks who responded to mey request for info on
wider tires. I will go with the 275x15's. Now I'd like your opinion on
brand. Should I go with BFG, Firestone, Dunlop, Winston, or Big O.
They all are priced close enough and all offer free rotations at local
dealers. At this point, I think looks will be the deciding factor. I'm
not too big on RWLs. A nice blackwall is my preference. Thanks again.
David