Mopar warrenties

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 22:50:17 EST

I know I said I wouold post this once I found out a while ago but I got
busy and forgot to call. Anyway, about how chrysler would handle mopar
performance parts at the dealer. From the horses mouth...i.e. chrysler
customer service. They cannot send out a letter stating that they would
warranty these items. These items are covered under a chrysler warranty
but not by the factory warranty. If one of these items caused a problem
or a factory part caused one to fail then that would have to be handled
on a one on one basis. If your dealership won't help call chrysler
customer service.

I guess that there is to many factors to send out a letter covering
these parts. If you have read the original post you will understand what
I mean. Geoffrey Hackbart this is the reply I promised. If I spelled
your name wrong I apoligize....it's monday. I know this post is a little
confusing but I hope you understand and it helps.

Jeff Durling
'96 rc sport

p.s. One thing that was strongly stated...Mopar Performance Parts do not
void the factory warrenty unless installed wrong or the part caused the
problem. If the Moper Performance Part causes the problem something
might be able to be worked out with chrysler on a case by case basis.
Hope this makes things clearer. Sorry for the long post.