Re: drilled rotors/Ask Boog

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 01:37:36 EST

Haven't heard anything about the rotors, but I put a set of those pads
on my (retired) F-150 and they did make a difference in stopping power.
They worked so well, we put them on my dads van. They helped it out even
more. They have been out for a while, and they have the NASCAR logo on
the box. Price was reasonable. Got them at Pep-Boys. The comparison was
from Factory Ford replacement pads (on the van), and Lifetime pads
(crap) from Pep-Boys (on the truck). If they are available for our Daks
when the need arises, they will be going on my truck (and hopefully work
as well as previous exp.). They are called BruteStop.

So far they have lasted just over 5K miles longer than any other pad has
on the van, and it does eat up brakes (94 E-150 high-top conversion van
w/ 351). Don't remember when I put them on the truck. Suprisingly, yes
they do work.

Erich