Idleing at 0 RPM!!!

From: Ryan Groth (ryan_groth@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 07:11:50 EST

1996 v6 Dakota 4x4 20,000 miles 20 degrees outside:

I left my lights on in my truck, so I tried to jump it. The starter
had plenty of power and sounded normal but the truck did not start. So
I pumped the gas and used the starter at the same time. The truck
started. I let off the gas, the truck died. I repeated the proceedure
and let the truck warm up on a half a gallon of gasoline. Let off the
gas and the engine stalled.

What the is going on here? It's like it wants to Idle at zero or
something.

Ryan