Re: Re: 5 Speed vs. Automatic

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 22:33:49 EST

<< Everyone has different tastes and/or needs. Why put down anyone for their
 taste or choice? It's just that this thread has been going on and off for
 the last 2 1/2 years that I've been on it, and who knows how much before
 that. It just gets a little old after awhile. Live and let live :)

I think its all fun and in good spirits that we rag each other. Would you
rather go through post after post of installing neon license plate frames? I
prefer humor, not a topic that has no interest to me. I like my stick, I have
fun driving my stick, I acknowledge that autos "can" be more consistent
(driver dependent), I also know that the computer reduces timing and torque,
hence power output of the engine whenever a shift is made in an electronically
controlled automatic. This reduces shift shock, makes a seamless gear change,
and creates a slower accelerating vehicle (not by much). If you could get rid
of it, then I would consider an auto. They are more practical, less
complicated to drive, but extremely boring. I like my stick, I try to use it
whenever I can!!! And, I just lost my train of thought on the subject, so I'm
ending my post now!!!! LOL. I'm not trying to start a flame war, just
stating MY OPINION on why I prefer clutches.

Brad

P.S. I would rather spend $250 on a new clutch then $1500-$2000 on an auto
trans!