OBD I and OBD II

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 14:45:41 EST

I called 3 dealerships today to try to get an answer to fault codes on
my '95. One of the techs (after talking to several other people
there) told me that in 95 there was a running change from OBD I to OBD
II. Consequently, I would (convinently for them) bring my truck in to
hook up to their scan tool @ a cost of $30/half hour. I know that my
truck is OBD I, and when I questioned him on this he responded by
"well, some of the sensors are OBD I while others in the truck will be
OBD II."

WOW! I'd love to hear his answer to a complicated question...

==

Jon Smith -- NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4
318 auto, MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 K&N, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers

ICQ # 9720504