Cold Night at the Track

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 10:50:24 EST

Al right, once again I made my voyage out to Bithlo and the Orlando
Speed World Drag Strip. Here are the runs broken down in short....

Truck layout-same as last time so a brief review for those that were
sleeping....

'99 R/T RC SY 2500 miles

Tire pressures ; F ~ 38 psi, R ~ 26 psi

No spare under the bed, no jack accessories but a few small tools up
front, zero passengers

~ quarter tank of gas, 87 the cheap stuff, zero washer fluid (every
pound helps)

dual cat back exhaust using not so nice bends on the pipes and 2.5"
pipes with 3" or so diagonal chrome tips and magnaflow mufflers

short belt bypassing the A/C and power assistance

K&N 14x3 filter setup, yep ripped out the full stock air filter junk and
the rubber dirt cover next to the passenger side of the radiator...

NGK plugs gapped to .040, bought a new tool hehehehe had fun with it....

two weeks ago, best time 14.84 @ 90.4 mph

Last night...

1st run, 14.93 @ 90.26 spun a tiny bit about 72 degrees outside
2nd run, 14.66 @ 91.34 still had traction problems about 69 or so
degrees outside
3rd run 15.61 @ 90 spun like a mother and a bit side ways about 60
degrees outside....breakdowns causing 45 minute delay huge temp drop
4th run, 15.0 @ 89.84 tried manually shifting this time.... Bad idea,
leave OD on, and in drive.... Would have had a sub 15 if I wasn't
goofing off....

Next stop, slicks and what ever else the mail holds in parts....

Kool-Aide
2/25/99 10:44 AM