RE: Auto vs. Stick (Holy War)

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 13:45:50 EST

The only thing I can agree with is the heavy traffic issue. Personally,
95Kmi. is the very least I have ever gotten out of any clutch (and this was
on a truck). The best was 155Kmi (this was a car). Granted, this all
depends how you drive them. Actually, it depends on how much you slip them.
I was forced to have my auto tranny rebuilt at around 110-115Kmi., and it
cost me 6-8 times as much as any clutch job ever would.
I may not get an additional $600 dollars when I sell a stick, but I didn't
pay $1500 more for it either. But then I don't trade in vehicles, I drive
them into the ground. Commuting vehicles are all a waste of money, no
matter what they are. I know of no quicker way to effectively waste umpteen
thousands of dollars.
There's my .03 cents. :'B
Rich - Ashburn, VA