Re: Spin Doctors was: TB Spacers

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 14:40:20 EST

>by global spin (as I've already said), but, what about a Hurricane
spawned in
>the southern hemisphere and going to the northern one, does it retain
it
>southern hemisphere spin, or does it reverse? Most east coast
hurricanes are
>spawned off the coast of africa near the equator, above and below it so
there
>are many examples of it, and what direction do the tornadoes spin that
it
>spawns off?

Actually, Hurricanes & Typhoons RARELY cross the equator, and ones that
do cross it, typically fall apart from organized storms to tropical
depressions...which may reorganize and reform into another Hurricane or
Typhoon (but with the rotation would change to the appropriate
hemisphere). The changes though, have shown that the storm is torn
apart by the hemispherical change.

When I worked at Pizza Hut 13+ years ago (c'mon, first job!)...
while doing the dishes in the 3' deep sink, I once spun the water
clockwise and pulled the plug... the water slowly stopped spinning,
changed direction, and then spun counter clockwise... I won a
few bets with people when I told them that it would change direction.

Even the Tornados (or Cyclones in the Far East) are counter clockwise.
Can't fool with physics.

Though I've seen a Cyclone spin clockwise, then hit the guard rail..
That guy was so bummed...

Sam '99 RT