Re: RE: Auto vs. Stick (Holy War)

From: eric neidhamer (bad318@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 16:07:48 EST

I got to go with Rich on this one. I had a Dak 5spd (14.1's) and
believe me it would blow my R/T(14.8s) to pieces. There is something
about having INSTANT throttle responce to the tires, instead of the
DUMB torque converter sucking up my horsepower. Not to Mention being
able to step in on the clutch and give a nice loud Dak bark to the
'stangers. GRANTED, I love my R/T and it WILL be faster, imagine an
R/T with a manual. (CRINGE. That will be one Nv3500/week please.)

                   Manually Automatic -

                        Eric 99 R/T
---"Wisotzkey, Rich" <Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com> wrote:

> The only thing I can agree with is the heavy traffic issue.
Personally,
> 95Kmi. is the very least I have ever gotten out of any clutch (and
this was
> on a truck). The best was 155Kmi (this was a car). Granted, this all
> depends how you drive them. Actually, it depends on how much you
slip them.
> I was forced to have my auto tranny rebuilt at around 110-115Kmi.,
and it
> cost me 6-8 times as much as any clutch job ever would.
> I may not get an additional $600 dollars when I sell a stick, but I
didn't
> pay $1500 more for it either. But then I don't trade in vehicles, I
drive
> them into the ground. Commuting vehicles are all a waste of money, no
> matter what they are. I know of no quicker way to effectively waste
umpteen
> thousands of dollars.
> There's my .03 cents. :'B
> Rich - Ashburn, VA