drive line vibes.....

From: Chris Tesinsky (yellowrt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 19:32:40 EST

I got my truck back last night from the dealer. On Tuesday they
balanced, rotated, and check the pressure in the tires. The tires were
barely out of balance. They noticed that the rear tires wear wearing on
the inside 3 inches so they sent it out on Wednesday to have the toe in
adusted, the toe in was off a little bit. So I picked it up and nothing
has changed, still vibrating at 85. The one mechanic took it out and
said he thinks the vibe is coming from one of the rear bearings (not
sure which he was speaking of) he said to beat on it and if it is a
bearing it will get worse where it will be a legal drivable speeds. I
may drop the driveshaft this weekend and have it balanced on Monday, I
am iffy about the bearing theory and feel more toward the driveshaft
theory. It will be $45 to have it balanced, I think I may just eat the
cost instead of dicking around with the dealer.

Chris Tesinsky
'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC