RE: RE:part II Re-post Mileage Drop

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 19:52:41 EST

James,
forgot to mentionthat both exhaust shops I talked too were very reluctant to
put a "straight thru" muffler on my truck unitl they saw the stock Ultraflow
unit. They said that the dodges dont like low back pressure UNLESS its an
R/T (different computer?? I cant verify, but thats what they "surmised")
Sams '95 seemed to go the same way as your truck, He put a high flow 3" cat
on his truck with the exisitng straight thru muffler (ultraflo??) and lost
power and mileage! Changed his muffler out to a huge Ultraflow something or
other and it "fixed" the problem. Your shop didnt say anything?? Sam, can
you verify and add to this??
BKB