Re: Re-post Mileage Drop

From: Michael T. Buczkowski (buczkomt@gdi.net)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 22:08:19 EST

Any ideas why the exhaust work caused the
mileage to go down?
__________________________

I am no expert in the field but I do know that most engines are designed to
have and require some back pressure from the exhaust system. With the
high-flow cat and 2-3/4 inch pipes you may have killed most if not all that
back pressure. I don't know what you want to do now but if your wallet will
let you I would look into smaller pipeing, like maybe 2-1\4 or 2.5 inch
pipes. That may be all the more restriction you need to get some of that
mileage back.
Just a thought.

Mike B.
(waiting 'till this fall to get a decked '99 SLT 4x4 5.2L 5-spd)