RE: Did I stump everyone or what?4x4 question

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 11:14:23 EST

Joe,
It's not a stupid question. Remember, the only stupid question is the one
you don't ask?
I'm not a 4WD-er, but I believe switching between 4low, 4high, and your 2WD
settings changes the gearing in your transfer case. The 4low will give you
higher torque for pulling power and is not intended for normal driving.
Rich - Ashburn, VA