Re: Anyone done the "Fresh air by meldrum" on the Dak page?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 14:07:29 EST

Been running the 14" K&N FIPK since the truck was a few weeks old. It's
'95 318. I live in San Antonio, Texas where it's generally pretty hot and
real hot in the summer March thru Oct). Never had any problem with the
open element. Through long discussions with others on the list and
formerly on the list, it was determined that volume of air can offset
temperature to a great degree. For me, the outside air is generally not
allthat much cooler than what's under the hood so the K&N FIPK is better
than the stock can. That said, I am impatiently waiting for Eric Kurtz to
get a ram air hood that will also allow heat to escape from under the
hood to me.

YMMV

RIchard

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:59:55 EST SuperNagz@aol.com writes:
>I planned on using the 10"x2.75" K&N... but am slightly concerned with
>the air
>filter exposed to the hot engine compartment air.... this seems to be
>a common
>"discussion" on all other car bbs's/chats.
>
>What is everybodies opinion here?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]