Re: Dak R/T Exh? What the..

From: Chris (Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 16:38:48 EST

>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:39:45 -0800 (PST)
>From: eric neidhamer <bad318@yahoo.com>
>Subject: DML: Dak R/T Exh? What the..
>
>What's up with the dual inlet converters? Has anyone gutted/ removed
>the cat? How?? I want that thing out and i'm not sure how to do it?
>
> ERiC
> 99 RC R/T

took me about 3 hrs total to hollow my cat. It was pretty broken up so i
only wanted it to stop rattling. I took a long 3/8" socket extention bar,
craftsman or husky preferably as it's gonna get wrecked, and a 24oz hammer
to actuall hollow it. that took a while. I also needed 2 pieces of pipe to
put it back on, 4 U bolts to secure the previously mentioned pieces of
pipe, a small piec of hi temp rubber hose and 2 hose clamps to seal off the
air inlet tube. gives it a nice throaty rumble but if your gonna go this
far mighta s well replace it with either a pipe or have an ovesize hi flow
put in it's place. simply wreck teh one you got now by bashing it with a
hammer weekly until it finally starts to rattle. I only lost a little low
end on my 6er, but gained a whole new powerband up top. granted i am still
running the stock 2" pipe for the most part.

Chris

 Shooter McGavin "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast."

 Happy Gilmore "You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

 Shooter "N-Nooo!!!!"