Re: Mopar folding tonneau

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 17:04:22 EST

Ed wrote:

> Does anyone have the folding tonneau cover that
> Mopar sells? How much space does it take up when folded?
> What are the advantages / disadvantages.
> Ed
I have that tonneau on my R/T rc and I wouldn't have any other kind.
+'s to me are:
It folds and locks from both ends.
It folds to a stack 1 panel wide, behind the cab area.
It is removeable by 1 person in 3-5 min. 4 bolts. No holes.
-'s
It isn't sleek and smooth, piano hinges are exposed on 2 panel joints.
It was expensive. about 675.00 with 2 locks.
It isn't the least bit waterproof.
There ARE 8 small rivet holes to drill.

I installed it myself, but I took my time and followed the directions
closely. Also, I have the proper tools and mechanical experience. It
took about 3hrs start to finish.
The top is available without the lock kits for about 350.00 or so.
You have to mark, and drill 2 1/4" holes for the locks. Precision is a
must, there are no second chances.
+'s and -'s aside, I really like it. I can send you a pic of it to your
private e-mail if you want me to. Alan S.