Re: RT at the track (2nd trip)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 14:04:50 EST

Sam Parthemer wrote:

> Took the RT to Carlsbad raceway yesterday, to try out the exhaust and
> intake mods
> (Dual 2.25" and Quick-D K&N).
>
> Ran 4 runs, two of which were against a ford lightning. He red
> lighted the first run, and
> he beat me on the 2nd (I had better ET, he had me at the light a .589
> vs. .790).
>
> Here's the best of 4 runs,
> .886 reaction (Zzzzz)
> 2.263 60' (BEST)
> 6.334 330' (BEST)
> 9.751 1/8 mi (BEST)
> 71.46 1/8 mph (BEST)
> 15.291 1/4 mi (BEST)
> 89.44 1/4 mph (BEST)
>
> Gained 1.5 mph, and dropped .275 seconds on the 1/4 mile!!!
>
> Of all the 4 runs, my WORST was a:
>
> .839
> 2.330
> 6.428
> 9.850
> 71.29
> 15.427
> 88.651 mph (Hit the OD button about 200' from the finish to get the
> RPM INCREASE
> for the last bit, then it shifted into OD... Hey, I
> beat the new GMC S-15
> in the process!)
>
> Next mods: Mike Leach headers??? and Throttle Bodies.
>
> Truck currently has 2450 miles on it, air temp was a cool 62 F.
> (running from 4:45 pm
> until 5:45 pm on Saturday, humidity was in the 45-50% range).
>
> Sam '99 RT

Hook it up a little more and shave those 60' times down closer to 2.0.
You'll be knocking on the 14's with the setup you have now. Real good
times for that track, I understand traction is a major issue there. Have
you raced your wife, R/T against R/T? Now that would be a cool picture!
2 R/T's in the water box, smokin em up! Alan S.