Re: Old question

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 07:42:27 EST

Robert Trottmann wrote:

> I've thought about it...only thing I can think, is, I have a rail system, so
> you could put the spoiler on a metal C kind of thing, and have it "C" around
> the tonneau, and then bolt it to the bed rails. If you paint the C black,
> it wouldn't be that noticable.
> Later
>
> Bob Nichols wrote:
>
> > I asked once before...... but I'll ask again. I'd like to put one of
> > those Texas Tail type
> > Spoilers on my dak....but I have a soft tonnue. Has anyone done or seen
> > this done?
> > Bob
> >
> > Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
> > Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters
> > Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850,
> > Infinity Kappa's, MTX 275x
> > Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995
>
> --
> 95 318 2WD Sport
> Davidson, NC
> ICQ= 19665525
> IM= HOSS318
> Best 1/4= 14.679(91.85)
> Page= http://www.davidson.edu/personal/rotrottmann/default.htm

Hey Robert, I was kinda thinkin the same, just not sure how clean it would look.
was also thinking about a pc of flat aluim stock to go across the rail system
(like the bows do) but then I'd have to use a different style spoiler, the type
where the mounts are 6-10" in from the ends. I'm gona stop at a shop today and
take a look.
Thanks for the response. Bob