Re: RE: Anyone use EBAY?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 09:19:53 EST

I use eBay almost every day as both a buyer and seller. I have never been
stiffed, though I have come across people who were not as prompt in sending
payment as they should have been. eBay is an auction and the price you see
an item going for now, is not necessarily what the final price will be. It
all depends on who is bidding on it at what time. As a buyer, the service is
free to you. It costs nothing to register and bid/buy items from sellers
there. It is very important though that any and all questions you may have
about the item, no matter what they are, are answered before you bid. Once
you bid, you have committed yourself to buying the item unless something
were to happen in which case you can retract your bid. But, you have to meet
the requirements for a bid retraction as listed in the eBay guidelines, and
you must do it before the end of the auction. You cannot change your mind
after winning an auction without expecting the seller to leave negative
feedback on you. If you do this too many times, you may be suspended from
eBay either temporarily or permanently, depending on the circumstances. If
you ask a question and the seller does not respond in time for you to bid,
consider that a hint as to what kind of person they are and what kind of
service you would have received from them had you bid on the item. Negative
feedback is not always a bad thing. Sometimes one of the parties will flake
out and leave unwarranted negative on someone else. If you see negative
feedback on someone, also check that persons feedback history. More times
than not, you will see that one side or the other had a history of
unrealistic expectations.
Good luck and happy bidding.

John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, DDBC