Re: Re: RE: E-way R/T spank

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 17:09:02 EST

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 Rekker21@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/1/99 4:01:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, HEMI@charter.net
> writes:

  About the 3500 vs 6 speed: I thought the same thing as Jack when I saw
your post. :-) My feeling is that unless you're looking to do a lot of
towing (~4000lb+?) with the R/T, go with the tranny set up for speed and
quick shifts. :-)

  I'm debating a T-56 swap, but there are a lot of things to consider...
The fitment issues for one, but also "are T-56's any good now that Tremec
is building them?" And "how does the Richmond 6 speed compare"? (BTW, I
have also heard a similar thing about the bellhousing mods; I seem to
recall a write-up in a magazine where someone put a T-56 into a Mopar
of some type; they just used a tranny with the GM pattern and modified
it.)

  If you're interested, I should have a collection of e-mail messages
and URL's with info about the T-56 somewhere on my computer; I'd be
happy to dig that info up and send it to you.

> << How about you , Jon , and myself , take a few weeks and a 6-speed and lock
> ourselves in a shop , and see what we can come up with ? >>
> Oh man!! You name the time and the place and I will be there! I would love
> that!! I really would like to start my own shop in the next 5 to 10 years
> anyway!! Im plannin

    Sounds pretty cool! :-) If you guys are serious about this... We're
putting up a barn/garage beside my house right now. As soon as it is up
and the concrete is in, we'll be installing a 9,000lb capacity asymetric lift.
   So, we've got a "place" anytime we need it; now we just have to figure out
a "time". :-)

 BTW: While I was talking to Sean Meldrum a while ago, he said there is a
place near where he works that sells used T-56 trannies. He was going to
check on prices for me, but he got busy with work and moving to a new
house, so he didn't get a chance. Anyway, I can picture it now...
You swing by there, pick up a tranny, drive down to my place, we'll get
your truck up on the lift, and leave it there as long as is nescessary to
get this thing installed. :-) Maybe we can get some other DML'ers to
come by too and have a "DML meet/tranny install" :-)

                                              -Jon-