97 + MP OFF ROAD USE ONLY COMPUTER AVAILABLE!!

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 17:41:45 EST

I just got an e-mail back from MP and they went for it!!! There are still
some final approvals to be had, but apparently the MP Marketing head has
agreed with the concept. There are a few hitches:

1. The computers will only be sold direct from MP. Cost will be roughly
the same as offered by dealers on 96 and earlier computers, roughly $275,
still TBD.

2. The computers will only be sold to MP Race Team Members. I am a team
member and I know a few of you are. It's only $18 a year to join, so no
big deal. I guess it helps them show that they legitimately are trying to
serve an "Off Highway" market.

3. A waiver form needs to be filled out indicating that the part is being
purchased for "Off Road Use Only" and that the purchaser understands that
it is not EPA Certified.

4. Only 97 and 98 Dakota models (5.2 and 5.9) will be offered initially.
Rams should follow shortly. 99's are undergoing some testing with no
timeline yet established. Apparently there were a few minor changes on
99's. I didn't realize this.

5. Because of the anticipated high initial demand, they expect to run out
of computers and end up in a backorder situation, so if you want one you
need to contact them today. Wait a minute, what is today? Oh yeah.....

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!! Sorry I had to do it!

Running for cover...FAST!!!

Dave Rench
Still waiting for a legitimate reply from MP