RE: Dakota R/T : 2 Birds : 0

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 18:13:42 EST

Jack, I think the R/T attracts birds... My bird story is kinda strange...
Driving @ 70mph up the 99 (rural highway in CA) saw the car 2 cars in front
of us slam on the brakes and dive to the left. a large grey brown object
goes flying over that car and the car in front of us... We swerve radically
to the right (car in front of us goes to the left) out of the rear view
mirror I see the object that the car hit (looked like a large bag of dirty
rags) get up and run away!! It stood about 4 feet tall. either it was an
emu or an ostrich! No farms in the vicinity. down side, even though we
didnt hit the bird, the radical swerve caused my front end popping to turn
into front end cracking noises! Thanks to the EMU I found that the front
lower a-arm bolts were loose! (i think Alan S mentioned this as well)..
Now No cracking noises and Im looking out for large birds running in the
middle of the road! (the car that hit the emu looked real bad (ford), but
the emu ran off...)
Bruce "almost bird killer" Bridges