Re: Gibson Split Rear Catback Owners....

From: AJRoss50@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 12:26:07 EST

I have the split-rear system on my 97 club cab V8. I went with the Gibson
because of the quality. It is the only non-stainless steel system that is
made from 14 gauge pipe as opposed to 16 gauge. I didn't notice a loss of
low-end, but I have the 3.92 rear end. I did notice some midrange power. And
the motor revs more freely now. I also got about 1mpg better. Its fairly
easy to install. You might need an extra set of hands for a few parts. Use a
saw-zaw to remove the factory system. Sound is good, very throaty. Go with
the Gibson brand stainless tips.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd 3.92 SG
Airaid Intake