WAS: Light toys little dak content, NOW:Protecting your Dak

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 03 1999 - 14:18:14 EST

> I just got a laser site for my 38 that is hidden in the grip, you
> don't see
> it but when you hold it a red light comes out of the grip and thats where
> the bullet hits, it does not seem bright but at night it will show up on a
> target 3 or 4 blocks away.
>
> Dak content I think it would slow down a car jacking to have a
> red dot from
> the gun on the perps nose and a protective Dak owners finger on
> the trigger.

Hate to burst your bubble Bob. But most carjackings (contrary to popular
belief) occur when you are either entering or exiting you car. It's very
rare that it occurs at let's say an intersection unless you are an very very
easy target or have a high dollar auto. Most of what you see on TV is
Hollywood. In Jersey you have to have a carry permit (very hard to get, and
you have to provide "just cause" sic), as well as having the required
firearms' and handgun license. One idea I've come up with is from train
locomotives. The Engineer has what's called a deadman's switch. It's a pedal
that he has to keep his foot on. If the pedal is released after a
pre-detremined time the locomotive will shut down. I figure hide a pressure
sensitive switch under the carpeting and use that as the deadman's switch.
Your car gets jacked, have it set to time out after like 3 minutes (so the
perp is far enough away, and doesn't get too far) the car drops dead and
will not restart, he's busted, your safe, and most of all your truck is
safe. I might just get out my bredboard and start designing
something.....Figure a few logic circuts to monitor the ignition,brakes,and
the switch and a relay to cutoff the main power to the
PCM...hmmmmmmm.....pretty cool....better than LoJack..

Greg
95 DSC v6 5spd