Toronto DML Meet IV @ Cayuga Dragway

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 04 1999 - 09:28:38 EDT

On April 3, Cayuga Dragway had there opening day (free).

Jon Steiger, Jason & Norah Bleazard, Dave Tom and myself
represented the Toronto DML group.

Dave and I arrived about 9:30 a.m., went through through
their convoluted and disorganized tech line. Weather was
overcast and temperature about 45 degrees F. Shortly
after 10, racing began. The sky began to clear and
the sun became hot.

Just as Dave (my driver for the day) was about to give
the 'virgin' '97 HOT DAK its first run, Jason & Norah arrived.
Jon arrived shortly after. By this time, the number of
racers had grown to enormous numbers and Jon was caught
up in that mess. He joined us in the stands after Dave
had completed his third run. Just after noon, Jon and
Dave set out to make a run. About 2 hours later, Jon
staged!!!

Jon's time bettered the runs of two previous RTs by 1.6
and .5 secs. respectively. Boy, that Jon is a smooth
driver! BTW, Jon, I'll check with Dave but I think
Cayuga has a rep as being a slow track.

The first 3 runs by Dave were to give us an idea of the
baseline for the truck. Between the third and fourth runs
by the HOT DAT, I replaced the stock computer with the
'96 MP SBEC. It dropped ET by .7 secs and gave a
top end improvement of 5 mph for a 16.1@85!!! This was
with a no throttle launch (track was becoming greasy
and tires were all-seasons), running in overdrive (Dave forgot
to take it off this time), and shifting the auto. by
ear (no instruments).

We decided not to try another run (too long a wait),
found a greasy spoon and enjoyed each other's company.
Great time!!!

Next Toronto DML meet in May at the Mopar Spring Fling
in Bramalea, Ont.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.