Electric fan, worth it???

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 12:50:40 EDT

Ok, I have been running a perma cool electric fan for a year now. I liked
the extra milage and responsiveness. However, I dont like it when it
poops out on me in the middle of traffic. This weekend the fan burned up
while I was going back to NC. As you can imagine, there was some traffic
and things were not moving too fast. I only need it when I am moving
under 25 mph but I was at a stop/crawl for a while. The truck started
getting hot. If it had been summer I would have had to cut off, the
heater trick was not helping too much. I went to the perma cool page and
they have a replacement motor part # but jegs has to order it and that
would cost 10 bucks more than getting a whole new fan from them. Is it
even worth it?

Bill
'97 SS/T