Need electrical help:Trailer wiring

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 16:40:49 EDT

My dad and I decided to rewire his boat trailer lights to get it ready for
another year on Lake Michigan, since all the lights never really worked. All
lights/fixtures/wires are brand new. The trailer lights consist of 2 front
marker/running lights, one on each side of the trailer and 2 light fixtures
on the rear of the trailer, one for both sides once again. These rear
fixtures have a light that points out the side that serve as marker/running
lights as well a turn signal lights, also on the rear fixtures are lights
that point straight out to the rear, for brake lights and also for turn
signal lights. When we hooked the trailer up to my truck,WOW all the lights
came on, first time they all worked in a long time. All the running lights
work and all the turn signals work. One problem though that we cannot figure
out:
The rear brake lights are on when the brake pedal is not depressed and when
they brake pedal is depressed the brake lights go out. Any input for those
who are electrically inclined?????? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
103,000 miles