Stant rant..

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 18:08:02 EDT

After going to just about every parts store in my town I only found one
that carried stant thermostats... Pep Boys... of course they didn't have
them in stock and said they could order it and that it would be in, in
about 5 working days. I remembered someone had said that the Car Quest
unit looked more heavy duty than the stant. So my last stop this
afternoon was at a Car Quest on the other side of town. The newest part
numbers they had were for 96's.. I told them that I thought that they
should be the same. They didn't have the heavy duty one in stock so it
will be in tomorrow. Big question is the 96 thermostat the same as a
99? Part number for Car Quest 180 deg. reg 30208, for the HD unit
60208. Oh ya, on the box it said manufactured for Car Quest by Stant.
The manager of the store got involve at this point and he called a so
called parts guru that said it wasn't the same and that a 180 deg
thermostat wouldn't work in my 99 because of the computer. I told him
he was dead wrong and that I know of 100's of people running with this
thermostat and were not having any problems unless they went to a 160
deg unit.. He just kind of blew me off after that and went to the back
somewhere... The girl working the front counter said I order you the 96
piece and it will be in tomorrow don't pay attention to him, he thinks
he knows everything... I almost decided to take my business somewhere
else but after going to 6 parts store and dealing with a bunch of idiots
I told here I'd be in tomorrow to get the part.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk R/T CC