? about build date and R/T problems

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 18:25:13 EDT

Has anyone been able to figure out the exact build date of their truck.
I looked at all of the tags and information. The tag on the door jam
just say 2/99. On my window sticker in the bottom left hand corner there
is a bar code with the vin, something called a L4-VON which is 2583 then
at the far right hand side it says 0217. I'm thinking that this means
2/17/99. The reason I'm wondering about this is that there are a lot of
problems out there with R/T's i.e.. reverse buzz, tranny seals,
vibrations, steering clunks, and a trans dip stick that is to long. I
have almost 3,000 miles and haven't experienced any of these problems.
I do have the dip stick that seems to long, and I have a very slight
pull to the right that I'm going to take the truck in for next week.
Maybe we can get together and figure out if they fixed these problems in
the factory. Say R/T's built before this date have a problem while R/T's
after another date don't. Maybe I'm just lucky, maybe there are some
out there that were built after mine that have problems. Just seems like
the next logical step.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk R/T CC