RE: Stereo Questions

From: Steed, Eric P (Eric.Steed@usa.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 12:52:00 EDT

regarding the deck replacement question- if you want to go with your stock
deck and add amps and subs etc you don't necessarily have to disconnect your
rear speakers (nor do you have to go with an amp that will accept speaker
level inputs). You can get something called a high level to low level
converter. Basically it takes speaker wires as input and output is 2 RCA
wires. I have this kind of setup at home for an external power amplifier
and you can just piggyback the speaker wires from either the front or rear
speakers into the converter while still driving your speakers off the same
channel (because the converter doesn't drop the impedance or introduce any
resistance like speakers do- it will not upset the amp). This is actually
what I plan on doing in my DAK (since some nice people decided to relieve me
of my pioneer DEH-835R two weeks after I put it in) so I will have a
completely stealthed out system.

Black '99 Dakota Sport
4x4 Club Cab
5.2L 318 Automatic