New Stant 180 Degree Heavy Duty Thermostat Numbers?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 18:59:29 EDT

I went to Pep Boys to get the Stant Superstat Heavy Duty thermostat today and
couldn't find the Stant numbers on Jon's thermostat install page:
<A
HREF="http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/UPGRADES/TSTAT/index.htm
l">http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/UPGRADES/TSTAT/index.html
</A> I looked it up in the Stant book and found that the heavy duty Stant
number for the 97 318 (Newest Dakota they list) is 59358... they had a ton of
them. There was no number like Jon's number he listed on his page (65358)
also I could not find the gasket Jon has listed on his page. (27138) but they
did have a Fel-Pro gasket listed as 35001. I'm not sure why they had a
Fel-pro gasket listed in the Stant book but it was also there... a bunch of
them too. The heavy duty thermostat was $6.99 and the Gasket (Rubber ring...
different from Jon's) was $1.49. I think they must have changed the numbers.
I installed them in 10 minutes with a 13 mill socket 12" extension and a
universal swivel. And they work great... no leaks and the truck runs 1/4 on
the temp gauge. I also got the 6 ribbed "short" belt for the race track. It
was a Dayco 538K6. It removes the air-cond and the powersteering from the
beltline at the track... supposedly good for 10 HP or 1/10th. ($17.99) I also
got 1 step colder plugs... Autolite 3923s at .99 cents a piece. (For pinging
or 100 HP nitrous) and Champion 430s (rc9yc4) at .99 cents a piece (2 steps
colder for the 150 HP nitrous). Pep Boys seemed quick and on the money today.
Got in, got what I wanted... no hassle and got out.
Hope this helps any one who might be interested in these things.
Charles
99 Dak R/T
PS. the 318 and the 360 take the same plugs right? How bout the Ram 360?