v6 TB's -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 22:20:52 EDT

You can do it, and it actually works pretty well. The V8 TB will bolt right
on and you will see instant gains. The problem is, the V8 TB is bigger
than the opening on the intake. You have to open it up to 2" so you get
the full benifit. Mopar muscle did this mod and said it really helped... If I
had a magnum 6er, I would do it...

-mike d.

>>> brock skoloda <glock2340@yahoo.com> 04/05/99 09:05pm >>>
Thinking about modifying the TB on my v6.

The question, what's the difference between the v6 and v8 throttle
bodies. Are their dimensions the same or is the 8 bigger. would it be
easier to put a v8 TB on a v6, if the openings are bigger. My concern
is whether the v6 tb should be ported as much as the v8. I figured
that may be too much air for the v6 motor

Thanks

Eric