Re: CB Recommendations

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 10:06:38 EDT

David Henry wrote:

> Requirements:
> Not too expensive (but enough so that it will work well)

  Let me add my request do David's, since I've been thinking along these
lines myself. However, my request is a little different, since I don't
want a permanent CB rig in my Dak. Rather, I would like to mount an
antenna (Firestik?) on a hood bracket and then use a portable CB unit
that I could also use, well, as a portable.

  I do a lot of boating (multiple hulls) and can't really use permanent
radios.

  Got any tips wrt portable CB?

  Thanks,

  Ron