Re: ATTN: Kyle - how did the trailer work out.

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 11:37:00 EDT

<<
    I must have missed your earlier post, did you get the trailer lights
 problem worked out, and how did you fix it? Curious to know, >>

Well I first started at my truck, so I took white ground wire for the truck's
trailer wiring; cause I really knew I wired everything right on the trailer.
Well, I ended up taking my heavy duty jumper cables out of my truck using the
negative cable I crimped it onto the ground post coming off of the truck's
wiring kit. Then with the other end of the negative ground, and the truck
running and lights on, I crimped the jumper to various spots on the
undercarriage. Once I found a good ground the brake lights went off! I left
the jumper cables hooked up and tested everything; all the turn signals
worked and all the lights did everything they were supposed to! So I then
found out that my ground wire was VERY corroded all the way back to the plug.
I went to the auto/hardware store and bought a new plug, instead of buying a
new kit, which included about 6" of all the wires I needed. I cut to old
plug/wires off and soldered the new one on, using electrical silicon sealant
and shrink wrap. I drilled a hole where I found the good ground at, attached
the ground wire to a loop connector and screwed it in. Everything works so
great!!!!!!! Now Saturday I get to pull my gas tank and pop in a new fuel
module assembly, woohoo! THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP, HELPED ME OUT
ALOT!!! THANKS AGAIN!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6